Affordable, full-featured snowshoeing gaiters
The Hillsound Armadillo LT Gaiter is aimed at those recreational and backcountry snowshoe and mud season hikers in the market for a performance-oriented gaiter, but for whom a full-on alpine model is overkill. The Armadillo LT offers up the following:
- A waterproof/breathable upper constructed of proprietary Flexia fabric.
- A tough 1000 denier nylon lower panel to face ice, scree, and crampons.
- Water-repellent YKK zippers backed up by storm flaps.
- A liberal factory DWR treatment to help the fabrics and zippers keep water sealed out.
- A sturdy synthetic underfoot strap, also designed to resist icy, rocky wear and tear.
- A buckled nylon top closure to provide:
- adjustable over the calf fit.
- increased ventilation during sweaty climbs.
- a looser fit for best circulation, or a tighter seal in unbroken or melting snow.
- Zip from the top closure, with hook and loop (i.e., Velcro) at bottom to protect the zipper pull from icing.
- A sharp contrasting black/International Orange color scheme.
To learn more, visit the company’s product page at http://hillsound.com/hillsound-product/armadillo-lt-gaiter/.
Leave a Comment