Snowshoe Magazine is the only worldwide publication that focuses completely on the sport of snowshoeing. The magazine was founded in 2003 by Ryan Alford and in 2015 it was sold to Paul and Susan Wowk. Based in Northern Colorado, Snowshoe Mag strives to promote the sport so individuals of all ages can enjoy what the sport has to offer!
Our mission is to inspire and support individuals of all ages and abilities to participate in the sport of snowshoeing and explore the outdoors in the winter season. In addition, we strive to be a resource to the snowshoeing industry to further promote the sport through our editorial excellence.
What You’ll Find At Snowshoe Mag
We provide a comprehensive selection of content including, but not limited to:
- Destinations – Find trails, resorts/Nordic Centers, and events in your area that offer snowshoeing opportunities!
- Tips & Tricks – Learn how and when to snowshoe, what to bring, safety tips and more!
- Snowshoe racing – Love running and/or racing? Try it on snowshoes! Then, see what events are offered this year and the how-tos to get started or increase your endurance.
- Inspiration – Books, movies, and high performing athlete stories to give you the inspiration you need for all your adventures!
- Gear guides – Looking for new gear? To start on our adventure, check out our comprehensive snowshoe gear guides featuring gear of leading manufacturers.
- Gear reviews – Before purchasing new gear, read the experiences of our staff who have tested snowshoes, poles, winter clothing, and accessories.
If there’s specific content you would like to see or if you have feedback on the current content, we’d love to hear from you! Please complete our contact form.
Our audience includes first-time snowshoers, people looking for recreational options, the elite athletes, and everybody in between. If you enjoy snowshoeing or want to learn more, this site is for you!
Subscribe to our FREE e-newsletter for more updates and recommendations, including trail options, tips & tricks to get started, racing news, gear reviews, events, and more!
Our contributors from around the globe are true winter enthusiasts! Because of their great content, our publishing schedule is full for the season. Therefore, as of December 18, 2019, we are currently not accepting new contributors or guest posts.
Our Industry Partners
Snowshoe Magazine offers a variety of options to promote your business, ranging from site banner ads to post sponsorship. However, all ads and sponsorships must align with the mission of Snowshoe Magazine to promote the sport of snowshoeing in a genuine and authentic manner, and to provide unbiased information to our readers. Therefore, all of our articles express the writer’s own honest opinion of the topic.
We have also worked with affiliate partners to promote products that we believe will have benefit for our readers. That is to say, when an affiliate product is purchased from our site, we may receive a small commission from this purchase, which helps keep our website free and up to date. Please see our affiliate disclosure for more information.
For interest in services and/or a partnership with Snowshoe Mag, please review our Media Kit or contact us at email@example.com. We support and endorse the following organizations: