With fully equipped kitchens, multi-room suites and plenty of unexpected complimentary amenities, Antlers at Vail hotel offers comfortable and budget-conscious lodging for families ready to enjoy Vail’s white stuff – whether for a quick weekend getaway or an extended spring break. And for snow loving families looking for something to do beyond skiing, the Antlers suggests its top five ways to say “We heart Vail snow” this winter:
1. Make like Bigfoot: Those who’ve never tried snowshoes might worry about learning curve, but the sport really is as easy as strapping them on and walking outside, says Antlers GM Rob LeVine. The Antlers recently added snowshoes to its many complimentary amenities. “We love catering to families, and snowshoes are an easy family-friendly activity – and a great spontaneous way to enjoy Vail’s snow. “
2. Frozen Arches: Travel through undulating walls sculpted from 36,000 pounds of ice by Vail artist Paul Wertin along the Gore Creek Promenade in Vail Village. Inspired by the work of Christo, Wertin’s “Arches” is illuminated by programmed LED lights – and on display until the ice melts.
3. The New Home Movies: To help guests remember Vail’s epic snow, the Antlers offers two free-for-guests GoPro loaner cameras at the front desk for capturing winter outdoor adventures– and might just post your first-person video debut on its Facebook page.
4. Tube Time: Nothing says hair-raising fun in the snow like flying down a mountain on an oversized inner tube. Adventure Ridge on Vail Mountain offers a multi-lane tubing hill with an easy-access surface lift for a quick ride back to the top. And tubing is only one of the activities at Adventure Ridge, which also boasts ski biking, kids’ snowmobiling, and a new winter zipline.
5. Holiday on Ice: Vail Valley has several ice skating facilities – both indoors and out – but perhaps the most picturesque is the outdoor oval Alderhof Rink in the heart of Lionshead’s Vail Square, just steps from the Antlers hotel. Ice skate rentals are available at the rink, open 1 – 8:30 p.m. daily.
With a policy of “The answer is ‘yes,’ now what was the question?” the Antlers offers a famously personalized guest experience. Want a cappuccino machine in your suite awaiting your arrival? Need a babysitter for a parents’ night out without the kids? Want groceries delivered? Just ask.
Families of all ages appreciate the Antlers at Vail’s comfortable condominium suites. Full-service kitchens allow families to serve homemade meals – with additional amenities including gas-fired barbeque grills and a “lending library” of upscale appliances from that cappuccino machine to a breadmaker. Large families can reserve a spacious multi-room suite, while smaller families may want to take advantage of the Antlers’ cozy one-bedroom condominiums – with a separate bunkroom included for the kids.
The Antlers at Vail hotel offers a unique Vail lodging experience in a relaxed mountain setting and was recently awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for consistently outstanding traveler reviews. With condominiums ranging from studio suites up to four-bedroom penthouses, every unit at the Antlers enjoys a fully-equipped kitchen, fireplace, private balcony, daily maid service, and complimentary wi-fi and parking. The Antlers has an A+ location on the banks of Gore Creek, just steps from restaurants, galleries, shops, free Vail town shuttle and the Lionshead Gondola. And Antlers’ staff is always ready to help with – and offer an insider expert take on – dinner reservations, activities or any other guest request.
For more information, call 1-800-843-8245 or visit www.antlersvail.com.
Leave a Comment