Oboz invites you to lace up your shoes or boots, and get out and take a hike.
The Bozeman, Mont. outdoor footwear company has put forth a challenge: Simply go for a hike between May 23 and July 8. Oboz will plant a tree for every hike logged on Bolder – a website devoted creating a collective community around positive challenges and rewards benefiting health, fitness, the environment, community and education.
At the end of the challenge, every hike logged on Bolder will mean one more tree planted through Trees for the Future, an international organization dedicated to improving livelihoods through beneficial planting of trees. Oboz plants a tree for every pair of boots or shoes it sells.
“We always enjoy hearing stories from people getting outside and are especially excited to see what stories emerge from this Bolder Challenge,” said Taylor Keeley of Oboz. “These hikes will put a few more trees in the ground and get a few more pairs of feet in Oboz, too.”
Here’s how the “Take a Hike, Plant a Tree” challenge works:
1. Go for a hike, walk, trail run, ski or snowshoe between May 23 and July 8, 2011. If you’re outside and moving under your own power on your feet, that counts!
2. Go to bolder.is, log in and record your hike. Add pictures, a short story or any other creative twist to get a chance to win Oboz shoes.
3. Share your hike on Facebook and encourage your friends to give it the thumbs up. The most shared and liked hike — the people’s choice — will win shoes.
Every hike or ‘action’ recorded on bolder gets a reward: Oboz (through Trees for the Future) will plant a tree. Additionally, three people will win a pair of Oboz shoes for their response to the challenge:
– People’s choice – the action or hike that gets the most Facebook ‘likes’
– Coolest photo – best photo, judged by the Oboz team
– Most creative – the most interesting or creative response, judged by the Oboz team.
After the challenge is complete, winners will be contacted on how to obtain their prizes. The winners, and their stories, may also be featured on the Bolder website and Oboz blogs.
For more information, contact Oboz www.obozfootwear.com.