The promoter of the Snowshoe Magazine Sandshoeing 5K Challenge is Snowshoe Magazine, whose registered office is located in Fort Collins, CO. Participants of the challenge are individuals and entities who complete the Sandshoeing 5K Challenge registration form. By participating in this challenge, a participant indicates his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to participate and enter the prize drawing associated with the Sandshoeing 5K Challenge.
- By completing the Sandshoeing 5K Challenge registration form (https://www.snowshoemag.com/2021/05/31/explore-the-sand-with-the-sandshoeing-5k-challenge/), participants agree to receive a daily email from Snowshoe Magazine with inspiration, tips, and additional information associated with sandshoeing and using your snowshoes on the sand.
- Participants of the challenge must be at least 18 years old.
- The challenge will begin on Thursday, July 1, 2021, at 12:01 am MDT, and the closing date for the challenge will be 11:59 pm MDT on Wednesday, July 7, 2021. After this date, no further participants will be permitted and no shared photos will be considered for the random prize drawing.
- Snowshoe Magazine does not hold responsibility for the registration and shared photos not received for whatever reason.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected or not to this competition.
- No cash alternative will be offered for any prize. The prizes are non-transferable. Prizes are subject to availability, and Snowshoe Magazine reserves the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without notice.
Virtual Event Safety
The participant acknowledges that running or walking in an event that is organized as a virtual activity will be completed on my own, at a date and time of my choosing, in a location and route of my choosing, which will not have any support or security measures in place by Snowshoe Magazine.
The Snowshoe Magazine Sandshoeing 5K Challenge is a potentially hazardous activity, which could result in injury or death. I acknowledge that I am participating in the activity outlined by this virtual event by my own free will and at my own personal risk.
I will not participate in a virtual event unless I am medically able and properly trained, and by completing the Sandshoeing 5K Challenge registration, I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, am in good health, and am properly trained. I further agree to abide by the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommendations for the prevention of the spread of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and other communicable diseases, and I attest to having read the CDC’s guidance at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
I attest that if my community has a shelter in place order, that I will only participate in the virtual event by using a personal treadmill, and I will not walk/run outside in the community during the duration of a shelter in place order. I agree to follow all pedestrian safety ordinances and rules of the location of my choosing for the challenge.
I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this virtual event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I attest that I have read the rules of the virtual race found on the following page: https://www.snowshoemag.com/2021/05/31/explore-the-sand-with-the-sandshoeing-5k-challenge/
I assume all risks to me that are associated with walking/ running on my own as part of this virtual activity, including but not limited to: falls, contact with other pedestrians, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, traffic and the conditions of the road, trail, beach, or dunes, all such risks being known or unknown and appreciated by me when out on my own without any type of support from local officials or event organizers.
Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release Snowshoe Magazine, all event sponsors, their representatives, and successors from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this virtual event, and waive my ability to bring any legal action against the entities outlined in this waiver as I am voluntarily electing to participate on my own as part of this virtual event.
- All photos shared on social media or email with the tags @SnowshoeMag #Sandshoeing5KChallenge that qualify for the prize entry must be photos from either the original source of the photo (your own photo) or have permission from the photo’s original source.
- Entrants can share an unlimited amount of photos to be entered into the random prize drawing.
- Ownership of the photos will remain with the original source and/or the entrant. Snowshoe Magazine may use the photos in promotional materials with entrant credit. Photos may be displayed on snowshoemag.com indefinitely unless otherwise requested by the original source and/or entrant.
- Any photos deemed derogatory by the promotor, Snowshoe Magazine, will not be entered to the random prize drawing.
- Please note that any photos shared by Snowshoe Mag owners Susan Kurzeka and Paul Wowk are for fun and testing purposes only. These photos are not eligible to win or receive prizes.
Notification of the Winner
- A winner will be chosen randomly from photos shared via email or on Instagram with the tags @SnowshoeMag #Sandshoeing5KChallenge.
- The promoter will notify the prize winner via email on July 8th, 2021. The promoter will coordinate with the winner when and where the prize can be collected. Per the winner’s request, the promoter may also mail the prize to the winner.
- If the winner does not respond to the email correspondence of prize notification within 30 days, another photo shared via email or social media will be randomly selected.
- The Snowshoe Magazine Sandshoeing 5K Challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administrated by, or associated with, Instagram or other social media channels.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the challenge and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the challenge will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter’s decision concerning all matters to do with the challenge will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The United States law will govern the competition and these terms and conditions, and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Colorado.