As of April 15th, 11:59 pm MDT, the photo competition has ended. Thank you to everyone who entered a photo and voted in the contest and congratulations to our winners! Here are the winning photos:
A photograph can be a powerful thing. It’s amazing how sometimes you can look at a specific photo, and it completely transports you back to where you were at that exact moment. You may remember how you were feeling, what you were thinking, and how that experience affected you.
While out on the trail, there are always so many great opportunities for photos that bring you back. Share your favorite outdoor photo that you’ve taken this winter in our Snowshoe Magazine winter photo competition!
To Enter The Photo Competition:
First, you go to https://snowshoemag.com/photo-competition. You can upload your photo by clicking ‘submit your photos here.’ Note that you may need to log in or register to upload your picture.
After uploading a picture, you will see a link to share your photo next to your entry. Use that link to share your photo with family and friends so they can vote for your picture! You can vote for one photo every 24 hours. For example, if your first vote is at 3 pm, your next vote will be available after 3 pm the next day.
Additionally, you can upload as many photos as you want. However, if you are part of our staff (writers, editors, etc.), please be sure to check the contributor box when you upload a photo.
There is no cost to entry. You can read the competition terms and conditions here. (The cliff notes are all submitted photos must be your original work, or you must have permission to use the photo. You also retain the rights to submitted photos). If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Winner Determination & Prizes:
The winter photo competition closes at 11:59 MDT on April 15th, 2020. The three photos with the most votes will be our winners. If there’s a tie for most votes, Snowshoe Mag staff will choose a winner. The winning photo with the highest number of votes has the first choice of the prizes listed below:
MSR Women’s Revo Ascent Snowshoes
Built for the mountains, the Revo Ascent brings the grip and durability needed to conquer aggressive and challenging terrain. Some of the key features are:
- Exo-Tract injection-molded plastic decking for flexibility and traction in harsh conditions
- Slightly tapered frame to accommodate for a more narrow gait
- Durable steel DTX crampons (toe and side rails) bite into the terrain to provide stable grip when traversing steep slopes
- Ergo Televator heel lift reduces fatigue on the muscles when climbing steep slopes
- Women’s PosiLock AT Binding, built to keep the foot secure and hold smaller boot sizes
Please note: The photo competition winner will receive a 22″ pair of Revo Ascents, which has a max recommended load of 180 lbs (81.6 kg).
MSR Men’s Lightning Trail Snowshoes
Ultralight and streamlined for rolling terrain, the Lightning Trail has the reliability and adaptability for you to confidently explore the trails while enjoying the quiet of nature. Some of the key features are:
- 360° all traction frame, toe, and heel crampon for edge-to-edge all-condition grip
- DuoFit binding, built to fit a wide range of boots while offering the essential security needed on rolling terrain
- Ultralight and streamlined construction allows you to conserve energy on the trails
- Fabric decking for quiet performance
Please note: The photo competition winner will receive a 22″ pair of Lightning Trails, which has a max recommended load of 180 lbs (81.6 kg).
Northern Lites Elite Snowshoe With TruTrak Binding
The Elite is an excellent snowshoe choice for both beginners and long-term snowshoers. This incredibly lightweight ‘shoe offers incredible maneuverability across a variety of conditions and terrain. Plus, the aggressive crampon system offers the traction you need on mountaineering and backpacking adventures. Some of the key features are:
- TruTrak rugged nylon binding straps, built to prevent shoe loss in deep snow, while providing a natural stride
- Ultra-lightweight and aerospace-grade aluminum frame for a lighter, more durable snowshoe
- Coolthane strong nylon mesh decking, which will not rip and is almost impossible to puncture
- Durable aluminum toe and heel crampons for traction on all terrain
- Lightest 25″ snowshoe on the market, at 2.5 lbs (1.1 kg) per pair
Please note: The photo competition winner will receive the 25″ model with grey decking and a black frame. The max recommended load in powder is 175-190 lbs (79-86 kg).