Elite Performance in the Field
Engineered for isolating snow study columns to cutting shelter blocks, MSR saws are built to rip and remove snow fast. To create the most efficient and reliable saws possible, we scrutinized every design and engineering decision—from tooth designs to blade profiles and proper materials. With two distinct saws—one for snow science; the other for shelter construction—these tools are the pure reflection of aggressive speed and reliable utility in the field.
Basecamp Snow Shelter Saw
The Basecamp saw delivers powerful cutting efficiency for adventurers building snow camps in the remote reaches of winter. With the industry’s first non-linear blade profile, its innovative two-directional teeth and debris-removing voids deliver unrivaled aggressive performance. Its lightweight design adds backcountry practicality by collapsing a long reach to half its size when folded.
• Laser-cut, two-directional teeth rip snow and ice on each stroke
• Voids remove debris from cutting path
• Ultra-efficient cutting pattern
• Light, high-strength 7075 aluminum
• Secure, low-profile locking pin delivers rigidity in hardpack conditions
• Folds to half its size for ultimate packability
• RF-welded gear-protecting sheath
Manufacturer: MSR Snowshoes and Poles