For a free day of snowshoeing and cross-country skiing, join your fellow winter sports enthusiasts for Winter Trails Day on Jan. 12, 2013.
If you are new to winter sports, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing are easy to learn and fun for all ages–making them perfect for families and groups.
As usual, each venue hosting a Winter Trails Day event will have the experts and the equipment avaiable to help you get started. All you have to do is show up and get ready to have some fun.
Did You Know?
- 46 percent of snowshoers are women
- 12 percent of snowshoers are children aged 7-17
- 55 percent of snowshoers are under the age of 45
- 1.4 million people identify themselves as snowshoers, a 60 percent increase in the last decade
- You burn 45 percent more calories snowshoeing than walking or running at the same speed
For more information on Winter Trails Day, and for a location near you, visit http://www.wintertrails.org.