The tenth annual Tubbs Romp to Stomp Out Breast Cancer at Stratton Mountain raised over $91,500 for the VT/NH Affiliate of Susan G. Komen, with funds still rolling in.
Snowshoers emerged in all shapes and sizes, some even on four legs. The Sun Bowl trails were a sea of pink and smiles with 849 participants – young and old, first timers and veterans, from near and far – Romping across Stratton’s sun-soaked trails in celebration and in memory of friends and family and to eliminate breast cancer.
Estella’s team, Five for the Girls, raised $12,695 in support of their friend.
“We’re family members, we’re friends,” Estella replied when asked what fueled her team to come out for the fifth consecutive year, “we’re just people that want to do it for a good cause.”
Their incredible sum was eclipsed only by the highest ranking team, Cook with Love, who solicited $14,803.
Whether romping on two feet, in a baby bjorn or on a leash, the costumes and enthusiasm couldn’t be beat. All proceeds benefit the VT NH Affiliate, with 75 percent dedicated to local breast cancer education, treatment and screening programs, the remaining 25 percent supports national research.
For more information on the Tubbs Romp to Stomp events, visit http://tubbsromptostomp.com.