Who says you can’t snowshoe and look good at the same time? I had the opportunity to sport the Nau Insular jacket on a recent snowshoe excursion. I have to say, I am impressed. The jacket looks great and performs even better.
I tested it on a beautiful, sunny, 35-degree Colorado day. The jacket is plenty warm. About 30 minutes in, I needed to unzip to cool off. I definitely recommend layering, especially when the sun is out, and would not hesitate to wear it in colder temperatures.
The Insular jacket is built for snow. I found the jacket durable, yet lightweight. The jacket moves with your body without restriction. The waterproofing is great and the wind flaps and storm skirt keep the elements away from your body.
I particularly enjoyed the numerous pockets for storage. By first glance, you would not believe it given the sleek exterior; however, there are six spacious pockets and a cord routing system for your iPod.
Bottom-line, the Nau Insular keeps you warm and dry while snowshoeing or just hanging out. If you want to look great, keep warm, stay dry, and snowshoe without restriction, check out the insular by Nau.
- 100% recycled and recyclable polyester shell made with Teijin ECOCIRCLE technology
- Recycled poly/COCONA blend provides superior warmth
- Two-way stretch offers comfort on the snow
- Fully taped seams for complete weather protection
- DWR-treated front zipper with wind flap keeps the weather out
- Helmet compatible hood with two-way drawcord cinches around the face for protection without sacrificing visibility
- Two front zip pockets, one left chest pocket, one left sleeve pocket, one ticket loop.
- Adjustable storm skirt hem seals out the elements
For more information on the Insular jacket, visit http://www.nau.com/mens/categories/jackets/insular-jacket-033M01.html.
To purchase the Insular jacket, click here.