If you’re not into freezing body parts and/or you have trouble breathing in winter’s frigid air, Talus Outdoor Technologies has developed the ColdAvenger Pro facemask as a solution.
Like all snowshoe lovers, I find it exhilarating and refreshing to exercise in cold air. However, a couple of times when I wasn’t being careful enough in the extreme cold, I have managed to get a frostbitten ear and frost-nipped cheeks. It can happen very easily, and without even realizing it until it’s too late. I’ve concluded from these experiences that any condition starting with “frost” is better to be avoided.
The mask has been engineered with protection and comfort in mind for an endless variety of outdoor activities. The soft shell fabric is comfortable and fully adjustable to protect your skin from wind and moisture build-up. The medical-grade ventilator that sits over the nose and mouth warms and humidifies the outside air as it passes through.
As winter progresses and temperatures inevitably drop into that frosty zone, I look forward to adding this product into my gear pile. I feel confident that I will be significantly better protected, and also breathe easier.
ColdAvenger Pro features:
- Made with “soft-shell” fleece, which is tightly knit fleece with a laminate nylon shell that makes it wind and water resistant
- Soft medical grade and non-toxic polyurethane ventilator provides a comfortable seal while retaining it’s inherent microbial resistance
- Form-fitting design protects face, neck, ears and airway from cold weather
- ColdAvenger ventilator allows you to breathe freely during outdoor activities while managing exhaled moisture off the facial skin
- Fleece wicks away moisture to keep your face dry
- Humidifies dry and cold inhaled air to protect and improve airway health in the cold
- Keeps temperatures inside 40-degrees Fahrenheit to 60-degrees Fahrenheit higher than outside (difference relative to movement)
- Designed to fit with goggles and helmets
- Helps prevents fogging of goggles
- Adjustable, removable interior valve allows control of air intake
- One size fits all
For more information on Talus Outdoor Technologies, visit www.talusoutdoor.com. Be sure to check out the testimonials from various outdoor enthusiasts, as well as specific asthma-related accolades.